Friday, November 30, 2018

55 Days of walking to work and not spending money at work

Stats. 

So far I have walked 46 Miles in November 187 miles in total since starting this blog

I have stopped myself from spending £175 at work (£61 of which in November) on sweets and snacks, I don't really need.

Click this link to see how all the endeavours are helping to build towards the final goal. 

Thoughts

Quite a few different thoughts, and as usual another different tack chosen for a given subject. Another rainy day yesterday so I didn't walk in, just the prison walk at work. The thoughts about spending money at work have almost diminished, they just pop up from time to time if prompted when getting a coffee, but yesterday just took a glance at the vending machine and went back to work, no self justification process, or it wouldn't hurt if. Which is quite positive.

In other thoughts, the share plan is for ever evolving, I was going to check the price of shares, how many I could buy in bundles of £5,000 and then how much dividend I could expect from each one to see which would be the best to buy. I started with Royal dutch shell, I could have bought 2 shares as they are over £2,300 each. The dividend became difficult to see. as it would mostly only display in dollars. I then went onto HSBC, and also it became confusing to how much dividend they actually paid out and in which currency. So I stayed simple and went with morrisons, which I would get over 2,000 shares based on last years dividend that would pay out over £200.

Conclusion, stay with the scheme I have currently as I get my 20% off the price it allows me to get more shares and more dividend. The company I work for are firmly in the FTSE 100 so are as safe as anywhere, this is certainly something for the future, but a little bit more complicated than I first thought, So plan B, get as much money together as possible, and as my November stats will show tomorrow, we have had another good month and will be getting ever closer the final goal target.

Image result for several thoughts cartoons

No comments:

Post a Comment