Wednesday, November 28, 2018

54 Days of walking to work and not spending money at work

Stats. 

So far I have walked 45 Mile in November 186 miles in total since starting this blog

I have stopped myself from spending £170 at work (£56 of which in November) on sweets and snacks, I don't really need.

Click this link to see how all the endeavours are helping to build towards the final goal. 

Thoughts

First thought, is of disappointment. I didn't get to walk to work on Monday, it was a mucky day and there is no point in being soaked through for a 12 hour shift. I did manage the prison walk at dinner time, so have added another mile to the total. But soon enough money saved is going to exceed miles walked. Which isn't a bad thing but I would love them on a par.

I also await the return of my old phone, according to music magpie there was screen burn. Which I know there wasn't any, so it will be interesting to see what phone I get returned. But I wasn't going to accept £24 when they offered £240 when I know there is nothing wrong with the phone. It has not been the only news where what I thought I was going to get never matched then end result as a work bonus scheme slashed by two thirds of what I thought I was going to get.

It is why I normally don't talk about or deal with what I have got until I have done it or have it. But with the next stroke of the keypad I am going to talk about how I am going to add the £66 for this months not spending at work before I have actually done it. I guess in this scenario the situation is different as it will be down to my own actions and input and I am not dependent on someone else.

It does mean I am fifty odd quid off a grand in cash saving, which is also annoying as that £240 would have meant I would have whizzed passed that figure. But all things for a reason, means I get to walk to town and sell the phone. Which means miles added to fitness and money in the bank. win win.

Image result for bird in the hand is worth two in the bush cartoon

No comments:

Post a Comment