Saturday, November 10, 2018

44 Days of walking to work and not spending money at work

Stats. 

So far I have walked 16 Mile in November 157 miles in total since starting this blog

I have stopped myself from spending £132 at work (£18 of which in November) on sweets and snacks, I don't really need.

Click this link to see how all the endeavours are helping to build towards the final goal. 

Thoughts

I was asked the question yesterday "Am I serious about blogging?" context of the question, it was asked I think by someone trying to sell me something who seemed desperate to DM on Twitter. After a brief interchange, of saying that was a strange question, getting a reply back about how do I get revenue from my blog and please DM. I then just blocked them.

But, it did get me to thinking, just how serious about blogging am I? Not really is the reply, this is an online diary for me, just a way of hopefully improving my abilities of putting thoughts down in typed form as quick as I can think them, and hopefully make them comprehend able. The more I practise the better it will get hopefully. It also helps me log the project, and helps reinforce my efforts. But seriously, why take it seriously? Life is far too serious this could well be 6 years of me talking, well typing to myself. If I achieve my goal unnoticed, so be it, as long as I achieve my goal. Now that is something which I am serious about. 

Yesterday, was another test of resolve, I hadn't taken any food to work, I then get to lunch time, and was trying to justify how I could buy something from the canteen. Yet again the thoughts of breaking the run won out over the giving in and how I would feel if I was to do so. I did walk from my building to the one the canteen is in, then went and got a coffee, sat downstairs checked a few games on my phone and walked back. I didn't starve. though I was hungry at the end of the day. But the run is in tact. 44 days and counting. Go me!

Image result for cartoon serious

No comments:

Post a Comment