Friday, November 9, 2018

43 Days of walking to work and not spending money at work

Stats. 

So far I have walked 13 Mile in November 154 miles in total since starting this blog

I have stopped myself from spending £129 at work (£15 of which in November) on sweets and snacks, I don't really need.

Click this link to see how all the endeavours are helping to build towards the final goal. 

Thoughts

Well, everything is going in the right direction, as I keep on, keeping on. The wobble for yesterday is that I had a pound change in my pocket. Normally I don't take money with me to work, just have my cards. This way I can't be even more easily tempted than usual to spend money. I was heating up my chilli and rice, and stood there thinking should I get a plate of chips, rather than just ask for a plate for my food I was heating up. This debate raged until I got to the canteen. My mind declared that it would be still breaking the rules by spending a pound, I asked for a plate and hot tailed it back to the microwave as quick as I could. The chilli was lovely as it was 'our lasses' home made one, and although I could have eaten chips as well as the rice that I had brought with it. It wasn't really necessary, so another day another batch of unwanted food not eaten.

Whilst I was off I had the CNBC channel on, (I love the numbers, and they can talk passionately about naff all it seems, an entertainment in itself) anyways, an advert came up and this bloke was talking about how he doesn't buy coffee from the coffee shops. so rather than spending $2.50 he equates it to the 18c he spends on the coffee he makes himself and he invests the rest. So the strap line essentially being "Make it and invest the rest". Which could be counter intuitive as you best not buy shares in coffee shops then... But it made sense, as I went onto think about projects at home. The garage door broke recently as the cones and wires tangled and snapped after years of wear. I looked on YOUTUBE, and checked how much the parts were (£15) but bottled it at the last minute and called in a garage repair guy, ended up spending £85 for someone to bash and crash, leave a bit of wire up which I had to ask them to take off, and thinking to myself I should have had more faith in myself. So that is a plan I am going to take into the future. I have made a back garden gate, total cost £30 where as someone wanted to charge £180. I fixed the pond pump for a £5 which would have cost £80 getting someone in. So I may live to regret this but the next job which comes along, and if it is possible for me to do it I will do it myself and put the rest of the money away to the pot which I am saving.

Have you had projects which you have done, where you have been able to make it and then invest the rest?

I have also started finding cartoons and adding them to the posts, folks like visuals, what do you think?

Image result for money saving cartoon

No comments:

Post a Comment