Tuesday, November 6, 2018

42 Days of walking to work and not spending money at work

Stats. 

So far I have walked 10 Mile in November 151 miles in total since starting this blog

I have stopped myself from spending £126 at work (£12 of which in November) on sweets and snacks, I don't really need.

Click this link to see how all the endeavours are helping to build towards the final goal. 

Thoughts

Mondays are long days, 12 hour shift up at 5am to prepare for work and then the walk to work.
--
--
So it is funny when you put up your stats and someone says that a 3 miles walk isn't much of an effort. What constitutes an effort? I have a neighbour who gets in her car drives around to our local supermarket, the route is longer than the cut through you can walk along, and then she comes back, not normally with a weeks worth of shopping but normally one or two bags at most.

So to me any effort is good effort, I would / could walk to work and back but on long days it would mean leaving the house at 6.30am (I get up 5am just to give myself a slow lead into the day) then back at 9.30pm. So our lass picks me up. Now if our lass couldn't pick me up, it would have to walk back home, but this project is not about torturing myself it is about making little changes to improve myself.

I know I need to diet, but by cutting out the sweets and biscuits at work, I know I haven't added to what I eat at home. That is my next step, but everything is done step by step.

So now I have completed 42 days and I feel good. Not cost me anything, not damaged or harmed others, but it does give you that warm, and at times smug feeling inside. (we are indeed human). We all have our faults and mine is smugness in certain situations.

Anyway, who will be the first to dare to leave a comment? Will it be you?

No comments:

Post a Comment