Sunday, November 4, 2018

41 Days of walking to work and not spending money at work

Stats. 

So far I have walked 7 Mile in November 148 miles in total since starting this blog

I have stopped myself from spending £123 at work (£9 of which in November) on sweets and snacks, I don't really need.

Click this link to see how all the endeavours are helping to build towards the final goal. 

Thoughts

I have played forge of empires on my mobile and PC for over 2 years now, I think a Simpsons game called tapped out I have played for 3 years but that I did take a break from. Playing those games for such a long period of time, is what gave me the idea for doing this blog, and the project which I am blogging about.

My thoughts were that if I could do something such as play a game for so long and build up a kingdom or town at level 137 why not build up my bank balance? So here we are 3 months in and around £800 saved one way or another and it feels good.

The walking is now totalling 148 miles, and it has stopped me from wasting money on taxis when I have been too lazy to walk, it has saved me eating sweets and biscuits I did not really need, although I was convincing myself it was getting me through the day. My weight maybe the same, but at least it hasn't ballooned and I have the money saved to one side as a benefit.

So the moral of these witterings? It is possible, just take it one day at a time and a few years down the line you will see your reward, and unlike the virtual level on a game, this will be real money in the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment