Friday, November 2, 2018

39 Days of walking to work and not spending money at work

Stats. 

So far I have walked 1 Mile in November 142 miles in total since starting this blog

I have stopped myself from spending £117 at work (£3 of which in November) on sweets and snacks, I don't really need.

Click this link to see how all the endeavours are helping to build towards the final goal. 

Thoughts

Just before the a hurricane strikes they talk about the quiet before the storm, yesterday I were sat here at my computer, gathering the statistics for October, checking what interest I had collected, and just generally pootling. Everything going fine.

What I hadn't noticed until my wife came downstairs was the rain outside, which turned a "I can get everything done at my leisure in 40 mins" to "Better get everything done quickly in 15 mins so I can grab a lift from our lass so I don't get soaked through"

Now, and our lass will more than likely think otherwise, the paper recycling tub is kept in the garage so I am going around thinking better get a move on, go to lift the up and over door on the garage, for it to skew to one side, this had happened before it just takes a gentle manipulation, one which you may well know yourself of any part of your house, it's classed as the "knack". As in there is a "knack to doing this" and your tap, door or whatever belongs to your house only works if nudged, teased or handled in a certain way.

Unfortunately yesterday was the day the door decided to break, the wire cable had been twisted beyond it's usefulness, which as the rain came down, and time going faster than the water I could hear splushing down the guttering, it didn't wish to close, as me and the wife were set to leave soon, the thought did cross my mind of pushing down the door so far and hope for the best, sort it later. But burglar Bill loves an opportunity, and so it had to be closed. All attempts of gentle persuasion never worked, I came in to our lass and asked if she knew of a way which I didn't which would get the door to close.

By the time our lass came out, I was frustrated, wet and about to turn from gentle Mr Banner into a green monster about to rip the door off, Our lass proceeded to say "calm down", I love her dearly but our lass may as well have kneed me in the bullocks, as that just pour petrol on my internal fire. Our lass did suggest cutting the wire, and closing the door and sort later, I thought that would properly break the door so was up for manipulation. after 5 mins I went with break the wire and close the door, which our lass did have the smug feeling of I told you to do that 5 mins ago.

So day well and truly started off on a downer, no walking to work and a stage meeting for sickness to look forward too.

But how did the day end, well as we talked about it later, at least the garage door happened when we were both there, and we weren't stuck not being able to sort, I got off without going onto a stage for my sickness, and now have been set back to zero, and although I didn't walk to work, I did walk a mile around the work place during my breaks, which also stopped me from going to the canteen and feeding my unhappiness at the time, so 39 days without buying comfort food at work. Which I am sat here now smug with the feeling.

Glad yesterday is over, and today is certainly a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment