Monday, November 12, 2018

Will my share investment play it's fair share?

Click this link to see how all the endeavours are helping to build towards the final goal. 

The link above is a link I put on a lot of my posts so you can easily get to my scores on the doors, so you can see the latest totals as I work towards achieving my goal. Now the share investment is the 2nd biggest part of the target, with a projection of £15,000 only surpassed by my own 1p challenge saving. It does however have the possibility of doing the whole £50,000 goal by itself.

As share schemes go, it as safe as you can get, I invest £100 per month for 60 months giving me a pot of £6,000 if the shares at that point are less than the value I have an option to buy them at I ask for £6,000 back. So don't lose any money other than say the value of £6,000 over 5 years. But at least you get your money back.

My option to buy was 20% less than the value they were when I started the scheme, so I get them for £1.70 they were valued at around £2.09 so if nothing changed I make 3,529 (shares I will get if I choose to buy) times 39p = £1,376 profit.

for every penny the shares go up by I get £35.29 profit.

So looking at historical data the highest the shares have been over the past 5 years is £5 in their life time they were over £10 in 1999

If the price after 5 years was £4.26 I then make my projected goal of £15,000 which is not a big ask, as it is below the the figure high of the past 5 years and well below its highest ever.

Obviously this basket only has a few of my eggs, and I am well aware you could have a profits warning the month before I sell my shares so all the previous 4 years and 11 months mean nothing, but similarly they could be talk of buy outs and the shares may sky rocket. It is certainly something I am watching, with the safety of knowing I will get my money back, but the dreams of it could well make thousands.

It's always good to have a dream.

I found this cartoon, lets hope it's nothing more than the chuckle it is meant to be.

Image result for shares investment cartoon

No comments:

Post a Comment