Tuesday, October 30, 2018

38 Days of walking to work and not spending money at work

Stats. 

So far I have walked 48 Miles in October 141 miles in total since starting this blog

I have stopped myself from spending £114 at work (£51 of which in October) on sweets and snacks, I don't really need.

Click this link to see how all the endeavours are helping to build towards the final goal. 

Thoughts

I can deal with most things in life, but an icy morning when it has just rained through the night and then turned to black ice, is something which keeps you on your toes, well smaller steps at least, in case you were to fall on your 'arris. It took away one of the things which I enjoy about walking to work, you almost can walk in auto pilot mode whilst letting your mind wander, whether it be dreams of what you are going to do in the future, random arguments had in your head with colleagues or bosses because things can be done better or just a wistful look around and thinking of what it?

Yesterday though was firmly in the present though, no thoughts allowed. I have never had the greatest of balance and never quite knowing where the ice on the road was, trying to walk along the driest or least iced parts of the path, using logic of where the road works had occurred they had left a rough surface which meant least likely to slip. But as I sit here writing this, I thought maybe it was for the good even though I didn't enjoy it at the time, but for the first time in a while I really did have to focus on the present. Not be lost in future or past thoughts. I can't say it was an enjoyable way to do it, and maybe it is what added to the uncomfortableness of the situation. Bu it was a new experience, not one I am sure I wish to recreate.

In other news, I completed the 12 hour shift at work, and that was where my thoughts were always in the future, and how long until that 8pm time came around, but the anchors to the present which are my customers whom I talk to, are a much better way to enjoy the here and now, they focus you on now, and it is great to share thoughts and notions, comforting to think you are not the only one who thinks as you do, even more comforting that you don't think as some do.

Maybe I just think to much? This is October complete now for this part of the project, tomorrow is for statistics and November the 1st brings the start of a whole new month, who knows I may eventually find someone brave enough to comment on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment