Thursday, October 11, 2018

26 days of walking to and not spending money at work

Stats. 


So far I have walked 15 Miles in October 108 miles in total since starting this blog

I have stopped myself from spending £78 at work (£15 of which in October) on sweets and snacks I don't really need.

Thoughts.

With a Monday being a 12 hour shift it always brings its own challenges, work can be depressing, a relentless "I want" not only from the customers but from your bosses. The customers want the best for less as they don't wish to spend much money, Your bosses want you to sell more for more and then see if the customer will take another, and if they don't somehow it is your fault as you couldn't have asked properly other wise the customer would have bought more.

This constant mental battle, can bring you into a place where you are looking for a place of solitude, a retreat from the mental storm you seem to be being pounded with. Now in the past, that rock would be a chocolate bar or a bag of crisps. Which in turn would only make the situation worse, it would mount up the money I felt like I had wasted at work, thinking that I could spending a day or twos pay on items to get me through the working day, so I might as well have not worked those two days. It also added to my unhealthiness and put a few more pounds on the bulk I already have.

So on Monday my rock was this blog, this scheme of trying to save money so I can retire at 50, the thoughts of ways to save money, how I had already walked over 100 miles, that I had not spent my own money for 26 days and it worked. I never thought it would but it was a great feeling to get to the end of the shift and have survived, it was like a night escaping the attacks of vampires and seeing the morning suns rays stream across the sky.

Now I know that other nights will be darker but I do feel my resolve will get even stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment