Saturday, October 20, 2018

32 Days of walking to work and not spending money at work

Stats. 

So far I have walked 29 Miles in October 122 miles in total since starting this blog

I have stopped myself from spending £96 at work (£33 of which in October) on sweets and snacks, I don't really need.

Click this link to see how all the endeavours are helping to build towards the final goal. 

Thoughts

Day by day, week by week, month by month. That is the way I should look at this, keep to the basics. The time spent on this project has helped me get through days where I would have retreated towards food. Although I know have circumvented and cheated the system, as with yesterday it was a launch day for a new product at work so we had sweets and food galore free, so I was the pig in a muddy puddle. Well! it didn't break any rules, I wasn't paying for it. But maybe still I should show restraint.

Other thoughts crept in through the day, of how it would be like to be off with our lass, not having to work, not having to follow the regime of having to be at work, actually being a free person. This led to what I wrote about yesterday, having your mind wander to the future, and not enjoying the present. My main worry yesterday being, that if in 6 years time I hit the goal, what if it doesn't make me happy?

That is six years of anticipation, for what? I have to calm myself with the share scheme that I am in, recently the share have risen by 10%, but there is still another 57 months to go before they mature, the other day I read an article where just before the workers were going to sell their shares the company issued a profits warning and so all the money they thought they were going to get was slashed by 80%. So I think at the moment it is difficult to find which place to find solitude in, I look to the future to escape today, but then worry it might not be the future I want it to be or it may not be the future I want it to be.

Sometimes I think that I just think too much, where do you find your thoughts, in the past, present or future.

No comments:

Post a Comment