Friday, October 19, 2018

31 Days of walking to work and not spending money at work

Stats. 

So far I have walked 26 Miles in October 119 miles in total since starting this blog

I have stopped myself from spending £93 at work (£30 of which in October) on sweets and snacks, I don't really need.

Click this link to see how all the endeavours are helping to build towards the final goal. 

Thoughts

One thing which does get me down is spending your thinking time in the future and not enjoying the present. With this project I am always mindful of the goal I am heading towards, which is gathering the £50,000 I try to help me stay focused by monitoring how much I have already gathered and how well the projection is doing, or what I might need to do to improve it. But it always means I am steering more away from the here and now and starting to wander of in my mind to the future, what will it be like when? Always thinking of the end of the month, next month when I increase the saving on my 1p challenge, a year from now when I have been saving that long, 5 years when the shares mature. always into the future. 

I put a lot of it down to the fact that maybe I don't enjoy today, and this wanting to gather the money is to keep away from the moment which I don't enjoy. When ever I feel weak and think lets have that gamble, lets buy that choccy bar. I think of how I feel and why I am going for the goal. 

Now if it brings happiness is another matter, and a fear of when in 6 years I hit the goal, will I be looking to the future or will I enjoy that here and now of reaching my destination?

No comments:

Post a Comment