Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Welcome

So what it's all about?

I wish to retire when I am 50, simple as. It is 6 years away near enough to the day.

Now to do so, I am going to get myself ready, so at the top of the blog will be links to all the categories I have split this exercise into.

Health, I am far from fit at the moment, and as I wish to enjoy any future I have with our lass, I need to get fitter than I am now.

Wealth, folks don't just give money away, so this section will be covering what I am doing to organise enough money to retire on and also keep on top of the money we will be spending.

This will have a section for Investments, currently I have one which will mature before I am 50. So will track this over the next 5 years and hopefully add to it.

Preparing, for our lass to accept me retiring I have to show I ain't just going to sit around the house all day, or just sat on the computer as I am now. (Yes! The irony of setting up a blog is not lost) But this is to keep me on track, see where I have come from to see what jobs I have to do. We have the garden to sort, the house to finish decorating, and yes when retired would probably have more time to do these jobs, but I need to show I can do them now, and also have it so we can actually enjoy our time together without our lass worrying.

Improving Myself this past year I went back to college to get my GCSE's completed as I had never actually done it some 25 plus years ago when I went to school, those results will come at the end of August, but I will see what comes in the future. Part of it though will be cutting out a lot of the telly watching out and replacing it with more reading and exercising

Statistics, I love em, it is what got me over 12,000 followers on Twitter a few years back, and so this will be my little bit of fun for myself as I monitor how well this blog does.

I will add to this as I think of other things along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment