Thursday, August 16, 2018

4 days of not spending money at work and cutting out an expenditure.

Monday made it 4 days in a row without spending any money at work, it was another 12 hour shift so in itself an achievement as they are the ones where I have the most likely hood of wanting to snack. But, and it's a BIG BUT!!! It was kind of a cheat, I did indeed not spend any money but I won a £5 lunch voucher for the canteen, which I promptly stocked up on biscuits. 4 packets of jaffa biscuits and 3 large packets of bourbons.

I then spent the rest of the shift consuming one packet of bourbons and one jaffa cakes, the others are in my locker. But it is something which isn't going to fit well with the health regime, so I need to organise constraint the same way I have organised myself to stop spending at work. currently with the £3 a day average I am £12 better off.

I also got rid of the BT sports package / AMC this also saves me another £13 pound a month (I got it half price) I had it for one programme (Fear The Walking Dead) Which I might as well wait until the DVD comes out and buy it and it would still be cheaper than a years worth of subscriptions.

I never did get to watch the baseball as I wished and Southampton look unlikely to make it to the European stages for a while. So I got rid.£156 saving a year, which will start being noticeable in the future.

Lastly I am off to the bank with my spare change. £40 pounds worth of 5ps, 10ps and 20 pence's this also goes neatly into the next blog post about walking, but every little helps and will help me, help our lass get rid of the mortgage.

No comments:

Post a Comment