Wednesday, December 5, 2018

58 Days of walking to work and not spending money at work

Stats. 

So far I have walked 7 Miles in December 200 miles in total since starting this blog

I have stopped myself from spending £190 at work (£10 of which in December) on sweets and snacks, I don't really need.

Click this link to see how all the endeavours are helping to build towards the final goal. 

Thoughts

Lots of thoughts, just how to put them in order. a target of 200 miles has been surpassed that is a good thing to have to write about. I have also surpassed £1,000 pound actually saved, which is a good psychological target to have broken through.

This is the first post about activity in December, the month has the potential of setting me up really well for 2019. Because of how my fixed shift falls, I don't actually get any days off for Christmas, it means I will get 18 days in at work so be saving £90, I have 31 days of the supercharged saving which means £93 saved >>> link to super charged saving plan <<< ) and already I have been able to put away £140 from items sold.

Selling my old phone has been a bit of a roller coaster, initially thinking I could get £240 then being shown a fault I hadn't noticed, for that offer to slump to £24 then yesterday getting £100 for it as part of the remaining dvds being sold. So as I hadn't sold anything last month it kept me well on target. with the £100 i put into the share scheme it means I have smashed through the £1,000 saved barrier (currently £1,193.02) with the not spending money and supercharged saving this makes the end of month figure being over £1,370. A very respectable achievement and a good base to go onto in 2019.

The walking is doing well, and I admit could do better but 200 miles is not to be sniffed at. My goal for 2019 is to not just be walking to work, but having some good long walks in between especially as I have two sets of holidays coming up for January and March. This is where keeping up the pace might be an issue, short time at work and a short month in February so the first three months of 2019 maybe steady and not abundant.

That is why all signs are good to look at, and I know people would laugh at the fact of me talking about 21p interest on my money last month, but seeing that figure go up and keeping an eye on it the same as everything else. Is like ensuring the watering of a plant and making sure all the buds are fine. As that figure increases it means only a very small part to the total, but the higher that interest paid is, the larger amount I have saved.

My optimism is high, I think without this I certainly wouldn't have barely anything saved, I would certainly have eaten more at work, wasted that money and be probably down with myself. At the moment I can see a bright prospect, enjoy the thoughts of having covered 200 miles and see an achievable goal into the distance.

YAY!!!

Image result for achievable targets cartoon

No comments:

Post a Comment