Monday, December 17, 2018

64 Days of walking to work and not spending money at work

Stats. 

So far I have walked 23 Miles in December 216 miles in total since starting this blog

I have stopped myself from spending £220 at work (£40 of which in December) on sweets and snacks, I don't really need.

Click this link to see how all the endeavours are helping to build towards the final goal. 

Thoughts

This post should have actually been 65 days, not 64 as it would have covered Friday and Saturday of last week. But on the Saturday had finally convinced myself to spend some money at work. I normally don't have any real hard cash on me, so it helps me if I get a weakness to spend. I even tried to convince myself, that because I hadn't taken the money direct from the bank account it might not really count. But it does and I have struck the day from the count.

It is disappointing, but I am not going to be a martyr to the cause, and if anything I want to hold onto the thought afterwards. Instead of feeling fulfilled and replenished, I felt bloated and over filled, it was a chip buttie which I should have really sent back as our works canteen would burn a boil egg if tasked to do so. So the advanced task of frying some chips, does seem impossible for them, once I had broken into the tenner I had a packet of fig biscuits, and a chocolate bar, with a packet of crisps on my last break. 

I felt bad, even down to the state of my skin. So those thoughts are what I will hold onto when I feel tempted again. It helps me not to gamble anymore, as I simply hold onto the thoughts of losing any money and how that feels, and it has so far for a few years now out weighed any temptation to gamble.

Tomorrow is wages day, so it means i can divide out the money for this month and put it away. That I hope will give is a better feeling of being in the right direction.


Image result for temptation funny cartoon

No comments:

Post a Comment