Monday, December 10, 2018

61 Days of walking to work and not spending money at work

Stats. 

So far I have walked 14 Miles in December 207 miles in total since starting this blog

I have stopped myself from spending £205 at work (£25 of which in December) on sweets and snacks, I don't really need.

Click this link to see how all the endeavours are helping to build towards the final goal. 

Thoughts

They do say "one mans meat is another mans poison". So, here I am trying to let everyone know how great it is trying to save up money as thought its just like putting a net into your pond to fish out the leaves that fall in. I must say I am lucky, we have paid off the mortgage so the biggest expense has now gone. Me and my wife both work, and we don't drink or smoke, and wouldn't say we have any sort of hobby or life style that demands huge amounts of money. Did I hear a "pair of boring bastards then" thought bubble from you the reader. We all live lives in our own way, as long as folks leave us alone, we are happy in our lives.

But surely, just cutting something out of your routine, for me it is buying what was unnecessary snacks, for you it might be a packet of cigarettes, a couple of less pints down the pub, the subscription you don't actually use. Instead of wasting that money you put it away as I have done and make better of use of the money elsewhere.

This is what I am trying to share with folks, but where I might find it a fantastic idea, I do feel as though I am shouting in the dark like a loon, I feel I have rinsed my main twitter account to try and advertise this project. So it does get a little defeatist at times, what do folks want? A cat playing a piano, A woman putting on a star wars mask, or as it increasingly seems these days, folks beating up the police. Or just to moan about Brexit. I am trying to do something positive and it would be great to message out there.

I am reminded though, if no one reads this and I succeed then I win anyway, as I have reached the goal I have set for myself. As for folks sharing and reading this, that does come a long second as the first is really the only thing I wish to achieve which is hitting that goal. The second will happen some day, and probably when I least expect it, with more than likely the least amount of effort. As you do find, the more you try the harder it gets to become reality. Much like the moral of the sun and the wind story. I may blow and blow but all I need to do is shine!

Image result for one mans meat is anothers poison funny cartoon


No comments:

Post a Comment