Sunday, September 16, 2018

How to boost a supercharged 1p challenge

On Wednesday I started my own 1p challenge, which I was going to extend over 6 years which in itself gave a projected total of over £23,400.

The premise being that on day 1 you save 1p, day 2 you save 2p, day 3 you save 3p and so on until day 365 you save £3.65. Now on Monday I rounded it up to a £1 as I didn't really want to be putting a penny in the savings account, and had said I would round up the total to the nearest £. But then I thought, wouldn't it be good to save more?

So here is the plan, from day 1-100 I save a £! a day, from day 101-200 I save £2 a day, and from 201-300 save £3 a day and so on, this will boost the projected total. Which is an aim for each of my differing areas I aim to source money from and save. So the panel on the right will have current savings, projected savings, and changes in projection. The first amount of savings won't be added until the first week of October, but it will be great to see them boosted even further.

Would love to read your own thoughts, or any ideas you have for saving money.

No comments:

Post a Comment