Sunday, September 9, 2018

17 days of walking to and not spending money at work

Stats. 

After completing the day of work on Saturday, this September I have walked 15 miles which is 77 miles in total since starting this blog and I have stopped myself from spending £51 at work (£15 of which in Sept) on sweets and snacks I don't really need.

Now the task is getting harder, why? Due to the fact that I no longer have the opportunity to win lunch vouchers. So yesterday was a day reliant on sandwiches and the day before left over cottage pie. My resolved was held together by free coffee and pints of water. But mostly by the fact that I have done it for such a length of time that I don't want to go back and start again.

It would have been so easy to pay for a chocolate bar from the sweet machine using my contactless card. Before I could escape the challenges of not spending money, by simply not having cash on me. Nowadays everything is contactless, everything is within reach.

I stayed strong though, and to reward my fortitude, I have put the £51 pounds to one side, in it's own savings account so I can reap the rewards for my efforts. 

I feel good, and I say to you "Give it a go, you will see the rewards as well" do a little each day and you can climb your mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment