Wednesday, September 5, 2018

14 days of walking to and not spending money at work

First the stats. After completing the day of work on Monday, this September I have walked 6 miles which is 68 miles in total since starting this blog and I have stopped myself from spending £42 at work on sweets and snacks I don't really need.

Now to the thoughts. Monday had been the most stressful to date. I had taken a lunch which consisted of a tupper ware box of stew. But had been expecting to get another lunch voucher I had won at work, this didn't materialise so it left me with just the stew and a 12 hour shift. Before starting this project I would have walked across to the canteen and purchased a plate of chips to go with the stew. Then more than likely through the day, a packet of biscuits, a bag of crisps or a bar of chocolate. All of which no good for my body and would just leave a whole list of transactions on my bank account.

Whilst in the break room with my box of stew, feeling a bit down, and trying to stay strong, a work colleague came in with a big bag of crisps and a chocolate bar. I said "That's a healthy lunch" and we got talking to how I was trying to get fitter and spend less and they mentioned without prompting the same issues I had noticed. That when looking at their bank account they would see numerous transactions for the canteen at work, and feel the clothes getting tighter and tighter.

It made me feel good, to be able to wax lyrical about how I had been able to start this project, and was now 14 days in and although small amounts they all added up. It also gave me the uplift to just go back to work and not give into temptation.

The moral of the story? Keep strong and don't give in as you will be rewarded, this is a long term fix so don't give in for short term pleasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment