Thursday, September 13, 2018

A supercharged first day for the supercharged 1p challenge

Yesterday I blogged about how I was going to Supercharge 1p challenge <<< click the link to read more.

So yesterday turned into a very good day.

Another 4 miles walked which brought my total so far to 84 miles (22 miles of them in Sept)

Then I started the 1p challenge, now I rounded the penny up to the nearest pound, so moved across the £54 I had saved from not spending money at work. the £1 from the challenge and I got a £100 for the phone which I had won (had only been expecting £60) at one point thought I would be going home with the phone as the first trading in store I waled into didn't even want to give me a price for the phone. But good fortune was on my side, and I found an independent trader, who like me probably saw it's value on ebay (£150 plus) and gave me a £100.

Now you might be asking why didn't I sell on ebay? Yes! I should but to be honest I wanted the money without the hassle, and who is to say it would sell? You see lots of things saying they will sell for that but I have had plenty of items come back unsold.

So £155 deposited into the savings account. £1.50 was already in there and 6p interest so to be honest I lumped it altogether under interest.

I have also looked at me google adsense account, I have had money stored up for about 18 months £34 and you need £60 to withdraw it. Who knows how well this blog will do? But I have done well with blogs in the past, and when I hit the £60 mark again I will take it out and add it to the savings.

so the total saved so far is

Actual saved total £356.56

Combined projected total £31,696.11

Goal £50,000

Watch the panel on the right hand side as adjust the projected total, and lets hope in the next 6 years I can reach my goal of £50,000

No comments:

Post a Comment