Wednesday, January 30, 2019

First Thoughts

>>> Click this link to see how all the endeavours are helping to build towards the final goal. <<<

Thoughts

Over the first few months of writing this blog, I have wandered from subject to subject, had differing ways of putting across what I was wishing to do. I had created tables, as that helped for me to see how the money was stacking up, It showed if I was on target, it had projections and showed just how possible the target of getting 50 grand saved in 6 years could be.

Now an idea had been to save the money from not spending money at work and I had tied that in with walking to work. Just recently I have fallen off the wagon, buying packets of biscuits, crisps and sweets. So what do I do? do I stop saving that money? It seemed a falsehood to write every day about walking to work, when occasionally I got a lift as that made life easier, It would also be misleading to say I was saving £5 a day by not spending on food when I had actually spent the money.

I did however still put the money to one side. so since starting the project I had saved £305, I still aim to not spend money at work, as it is false economy, but I could do without the guilt trip if occasionally that is what I want to do, I will be walking to work as much as I can because I want to get fit, or at least stop the weight going upwards.

So that leads me to this, my thoughts, I have plenty, they always escape me when I am sat here at the keyboard and return when time is scarce. But I have them, and I will share them, each time I have something to say, this way it will also take the pressure off, which was a self inflicted duty of I have to report on each day I am at work. But instead it will be each time I am reporting on money being put away or something of interest which is part of this great goal.

I have merged the money with selling items and others, and increased the target by more than both were combined anyway. this in itself gives a target projection of an extra £600 which I am already ahead.

My main focus will be the SUPERCHARGED 1p CHALLENGE in which I will be saving money in regular increments which you can find out more about at the link.

It is freeing, but not in a way in which I will lose this project but in a way I can focus on the goal of saving money, I was nearly at the point of why bother because I did start breaking one cycle, so I got rid of it and concentrated on what is working well. Things will evolve, and more than likely other things may crop up in the future, folks talk about the journey not the destination for me, I am not to sure of how the journey will be but at all costs I have to get to my destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment