Thursday, January 24, 2019

76 Days of walking to work and not spending money at work

Stats. 

So far I have walked 31 Miles in January 259 miles in total since starting this blog

I have stopped myself from spending £280 at work (£40 of which in January) on sweets and snacks, I don't really need.

Click this link to see how all the endeavours are helping to build towards the final goal. 

Thoughts

Why, when I have four hours spare yesterday do I not write this blog post, but leave it for a grasped five minutes today? I was never good with deadlines, whether they be for home work or things promised for folks. I could always do the work in situe, but always struggled away from the place where the task needed to be done.

Yet I can put money aside, well I do that in one lump sum at the end of the month. Pay day tomorrow so that is when everything will be divvied out.

Part of this exercise though is to improve myself, make me a better person, one thing I don't like about myself, is the ability to put to one side any task. I would be the sort of fireman to say "It is only smoking at the moment we will get onto once we can see where the flames are coming from." I always seem to have an excuse against doing the job in hand.

But, I do like the feeling of getting a job done, ahead of schedule, it opens up all the time which is filled with guilt and angst of having to get it done and fake relief for finding an excuse to schedule it for the next day. Whilst I have tried to grasp onto the memory and feeling of getting the job done ahead of time, it frees your mind and spirit, unburdened by thoughts of "I must get this done" normally at which point you rush it and very rarely get it done as you wish.

I do work better though when I don't think about things. A painter can sometimes to be said they don't know when to stop, a dash of colour here, a wash to represent reflection here, until it gets to a point of bilge. For me it is over thought, sometimes a blurting out is the best way then just go back and quickly refine it. Now I ramble, but task in hand is complete another blog post, another recording of Mondays effort. Also let it be known me and the good lady have now completed four early morning swims, two this week and two last. I have myself transformed from a tentative one length after several half lengths there and back to the shallow end, to ten lengths yesterday spread over an hour, but still ten lengths more than a slumber in bed would have produced. I am proud of that.

If you do pop by an read my ramblings, why not leave a comment about what you are proud of doing?

Image result for putting off jobs funny cartoon

No comments:

Post a Comment