Thursday, January 17, 2019

72 Days of walking to work and not spending money at work

Stats. 

So far I have walked 19 Miles in January 247 miles in total since starting this blog

I have stopped myself from spending £260 at work (£20 of which in January) on sweets and snacks, I don't really need.

Click this link to see how all the endeavours are helping to build towards the final goal. 

Thoughts

If you ever want to know how much you truly weigh, then go swimming. In a drive to get healthy, which is part of the retirement plan. Well, it's no good being retired if your body is too knackered to enjoy it, is it?

So, for the past two days we have been swimming me and my wife. Up at 6am out at 6.30am and to the pool just before 7am, we did an hours swimming, well, for me an hours being in the water, Our lass is the swimmer I am the splasher. But by the Wednesday morning I had managed to complete a length our lass had done 20. I refer you to the point that our lass is the swimmer I am still not that confident. But on exiting the pool I was then to realise the true weight of my body, as I nearly froze on the step, trying to lift my bulk out of the water. At one stage I could imagine having to call out for assistance or simply just fall back into the water. The first option was never going to happen "fatty needs a pull out of the water" is not going to be announced over the walkie talkies. Option two was an option as no one was behind me, apart from my wife laughing. But I did need to get out, so you stand for a couple of moments and then carrying on.

It led me to thinking about how many things in my life I am blind to, or how many things I just don't realise the weight of the situation? But rather then get down, I did focus on the positives, swimming has given me and my wife something else to talk about other than a "how shit is my day at work" competition. It has let me see my wife laugh more, and us be closer together, we are always close, but there always seems to be so many barriers between us, family, work, life, history. 

We now have a focus, lets get fit together, which is the whole point of the retirement plan, I want to be there for when my wife fully retires, so we can have more moments together like the swimming.

I am now knackered but happy, the swimming comes at a monthly membership cost, but as a certain credit card company would say "somethings are priceless"

Related image

No comments:

Post a Comment