Friday, January 18, 2019

73 Days of walking to work and not spending money at work

Stats. 

So far I have walked 22 Miles in January 250 miles in total since starting this blog

I have stopped myself from spending £265 at work (£25 of which in January) on sweets and snacks, I don't really need.

Click this link to see how all the endeavours are helping to build towards the final goal. 

Thoughts

I was going to start off with a rambling rant, but lets address some good news. I have now totalled 250 miles walked, I may well have done more, but those are the recorded walks to work, or when I have gone out to get some exercise. Not too shabby a figure. Having read yesterday about a woman who did over 250 miles in four days walking on a challenge from Derbyshire to the Scottish borders. It may well not be as fantastic as mine is mostly in 3 mile stints with added extras in between and has been over 4 months. But all the same it is a good distance.

As for my rant, well, have you ever noticed that people only want your opinion until you give it? Now I could rant on, describe in detail, but you don't know my job, and work would more than likely bemoan me having said owt in public. Just lets to say, they asked, I said, they were hoping folks would just have said nothing.

It does seem to be a day of people not being allowed, or finding it difficult to ask questions. Prince Phillip has over turned his car. It is serious, you hope he is well. But then you get to ask. Should he still be driving at 97? What speed do you have to go at to overturn a range rover? How were the other people involved in this accident? Was Prince Phillip breath tested? Why did someone report being on the scene and helping Prince Phillip out of the car? As his body guards should have been there first? What if this had been a planned attack? Ram his car and hurt the royal?

We only get blandness, people enjoy bland, much as magnolia is top selling colour paint, as it is as adventurous as folks will get if moving away from the very top seller white.

Why don't folks challenge life more? Is there a fear that if you speak out, then where as you were witness to the crime against society that you would then become the victim.

This is a very big part of why I want to raise the money to go a long way to retiring, it is so I can escape society with our lass, bunker down and live out our lives at a safe distance, sad but a true reflection of how we look upon society.

Image result for speaking your mind funny cartoon

No comments:

Post a Comment